In today’s society, love is more needed than ever. We all look for and crave love. Some of us admit some don’t. But the mechanism of life is given by love.
What we sometimes don’t understand is that love is not only the words ” I love you”. Love has its unique way to be prooved. A nice gesture, a message which shows care, being there for the person you love, showing support when they stop believing in themselves speak louder than the words. Phrases like ” I am proud of you/ I know you can do it”, ” Did you eat?/ arrived safely?”, ” I am here if you need me” or “You are not alone” weighs so much coming from the people you love.
Love is not only about your partner. Nope. Love has all the forms: love for family, friends, animals, hobbies, and so on. And this is the beauty of it. There are so many ways to experiment and offer love. However, what we learn with growing in life, is that we can give love to the wrong person. Not everyone deserves our love. Some people are really not meant for us. But imagine, if you can give love to the wrong person, how blessed will be the right one to be loved by you. Life gives us lessons, love too. It all depends on how much we want to learn.
And don’t worry if you are single now. We have all been there. Some of us are still. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t love or you are not loved. Because you are; look around you and see the people who care and love you. Look into your heart and see how much you love people. You may not be with the person you want now. That’s fine…Don’t despair. Maybe not now, but one day you will find that person who will love you like no one before. Because believe it or not, we all have our soulmate somewhere in this world. And one day you will find it. The only thing that is for sure is that love is the most wonderful gift life can give us.
Hellooo! As the year is over, I was thinking of pointing out the top 5 lessons of 2020 and how this year pushed our limits, broke the wall, and obliged us to change. So let’s start:
- You can do anything you want: How many times weren’t you unsure about doing a certain thing or what will people think about it? Well, DO IT. It’s your life, not theirs. Learn, read, do a course, develop yourself. Anything that can help you improve your life and you as a person. Stop telling people about your dreams, work for them, and show the results afterwards.
- Life changes in a second: Life doesn’t wait for us to decide if we are ready to do something or not. Sometimes it forces us to do so. How? Who knows? For example, I always wanted to work in hotels. And I did until the pandemic when everything closed. I am sure that things for hotels will not be back to normal soon, so I had to change the direction of my career. I learned about subjects that I never thought of as a possible money maker. From a duty manager in hotels before the pandemic, I ended up being a writer and content creator. And I am still learning to increase my chances in this new domain. So don’t take anything for granted
- Put yourself first: Who you truly are? What are your dreams? What do you want from life? Stop seeking validation and have expectations from others. Look in the mirror and see who you are not who others think you are. Stop putting yourself last and others first. Show yourself more love and care and you will see the difference.
- People always show their true colors: Even if you want or not. Some people will appear in your life for a reason, a season or to be by your side no matter what. Although the last category is extremely rare nowadays, they do exist. But the first category is the worst: are those people who turn up in your life for getting what they can from you and afterward disappear. The type of people who have absolutely nothing to give, only to receive. If someone wants to leave your life, open the door. Don’t force/beg anyone to stay. Who is supposed to stay will do without you asking for it. Last year I was thanking God for bringing in my life people that I thought were the best for me , while in reality, they were worse than enemies. So pay attention to who are you calling lovers, friends, family, and so on. Not always they are who you think.
- Be grateful, love, and live the moment: Be grateful for who you are and what you have. Love as much as you can, show love to people who need it the most. Be nicer and help whenever you can. You never know what the person next to you is going through. Live the moment: stop waiting for tomorrow, a week, month, or year to be happy. Happiness comes from inside, not outside. If you are not happy with yourself, you won’t be able to make or be happy with anyone else.
Happy Sunday everybody!! 🙂
Today is a happy day for me as it is my parents’ wedding anniversary. They celebrate 29 years of marriage. 29 years full of so many experiences that they may write a book about their marriage.
I always saw in them a role model: both professional and personal. But the best lesson they offered me was how true love still exists. It takes a lot of work, but if both of them commit, everything is possible. They started from scratch, with baby steps but managed to create amazing stuff together. They went through some extremely painful times, but hand in hand, their relationship became even stronger. Showed that love is not perfect, either are they, but never gave up on each other.
It is unbelievable to see them 29 years after they got married, with the same level of affection, respect, and commitment towards each other. There are times when I look at them and they act like teenagers in love. With small loving gestures, a dance, surprises, anything just to keep the flame awake. And guys, this is what we should all do. Every relationship has troubles, none is perfect, but it all depends on how much you are willing to invest.
Somehow, their marriage influenced me a lot in terms of romantic relationships. As it made me look for similar things and create the same environment as I have been grown with. My parents taught me a lot of lessons and the education they provided included some of the most important values in life. But what matters the most is that love is that thing that keeps you alive and that if you find the right one, then you won the lottery 🙂
Have a fantastic week and thanks for being part of Yanny’s Journey 🙂
It is a rainy day…one of those whose when the only thing you want to do is to stay in bed and cuddle and watch movies with your partner. And this weather somehow made me think of love today, so this will be the topic for today: LOVE. I went today and had a coffee with my grandma. She and my grandfather were together for 50 years. And they loved each other with the same passion until my grandpa died. They and my parents are my models when it comes to love and family. And we started to talk about relationships then and now. Somehow made me believe that maybe I was born in the wrong generation.
Nowadays, relationships are so complex but empty. We run from responsibilities, but want others to see how happy we are. We forget to build together, and when the first problem appears, we search for the easiest solving, which sometimes means either the cheating or the breakup. As my grandma was saying, people were cheating when she was young too, but now it got worse as the options are endless: social media, dating app being the biggest traps. Another thing that was different back then was that people were willing to build a life together. Now, we want everything to happen right now and not wait for things to unfold. I have friends who broke up with amazing people as they didn’t have a prosperous financial situation. Our generation is more impressed by looks and finances than the soul and what you can do with that person in the long run.
But what left me speechless was that my grandma said that people choose to stay in a toxic/out of love relationship just for the status. More specifically, what will people say? Since I was a kid, they taught that if you don’t love or don’t feel that a person is right for you, let her go. Never stay with someone just for the public status: oh, she is with someone. Nope. Be with someone who truly respects, helps you grow, and makes you become the best version of yourself. Unfortunately, I know too many cases where the man or the woman have lost the feelings for each other or are not happy anymore. But prefer to stay in a relationship for the status or the kids. And they not only lose the chance of being truly happy with someone else but also precious years, as life is not waiting for any of us.
So where is that pure, true love we all crave for? That one you take your partner and go on adventures? The one that makes you want to conquer the world and create the most amazing memories? That love that makes you feel complete and the luckiest person in the world? Am I too romantic? Am I thinking of something that doesn’t exist anymore? Or the fact that maybe we met the wrong people made us believe that love is not for us or doesn’t exist?
Until we will find the answer, I want to wish you all a fantastic weekend, and thanks for being part of Yanny’s Journey :)!
I would like to start this letter by thanking you.For everything. We had an amazing time, but sometimes life has different plans for us. Maybe it is better like this.
I fought with everything I had to keep the relationship alive. Until one day…when I realised you were lying me big time. And then I stopped caring.The only outcome of this was the end of the relationship. Which eventually happened. And you were sure that going back to your ex will help you forget of me.
I stopped contacting you and I was sure that you will come back. You did. You started to contact me in any way you could even though you were with her. Nothing changed for me, I was still missing you. The old you. Not the one that broke up with me.
You left her too, as you weren’t happy . Found another one, with a child , who you believed will help you forget of me and make you happy.She was posting every single little thing you were doing on Facebook….. trying to mark her territory. But this didn’t make you stop thinking of me. As you continued stalking me on social media and liking every single post.
And then, on your relationship anniversary, you sent me a text. The last lie that I took from you. And then I realised that you will never change. You continue to be a person who doesn’t respect the woman next to him. Who doesn’t care how much your partner is suffering, as long as you are happy.
Learn that for a relationship it takes 2. One side love is not enough. I wish you all the best.To be happy and have the family you wanted. But do not forget one thing :Karma is a b***h. I have finally moved on and do not care about us anymore. I don’t tremble and smile when I see a like from you. Life goes on. No contact rule is on.
But I really hope you will get more mature at your 33 and treat the people the right way.And start to listen more. Life is not only about yourself. Is about the people you care too.
Now it’s time to say goodbye. What’s next? For you, to sleep with someone while thinking of others. For me following my dreams and find a new one. Maybe the next one will be the right one. For us, it is the end of the road.
An ex who loved you more than you will ever know.